Site Operative – £19-21K
Our client, a traffic monitoring company, is looking for 2 Site Operatives to join their team with a mission is to ensure the safe capture of high quality data.
Reporting to the Site Operative Lead, the Site Operative role is responsible for the installation, monitoring and collection of temporary roadside traffic and transport survey equipment. This includes Automatic Traffic Counting (ATCs), high-mast CCTV and ANPR technology; full training will be given.
The Site Operative will use various technologies and explicit operational procedures to undertake all work, using strong technical skills to solve problems and deliver robust, accurate data across all product streams.
As a Site Operative you will spend 80% of your time visiting differing roadside locations across the country.
The successful candidate will:
- Learn how to effectively resolve minor technical issues and develop solutions whilst on site
- Deliver with enthusiasm; timely, accurate and robust data collection during live surveys
- Be responsible for the Health and Safety of themselves and those affected by the equipment used
- Where necessary, will deal with the public in a sensitive and professional manner
- Provide detailed and accurate electronic site paperwork as well as quality assurance checking of site works
- Work a shift pattern to be discussed
Required Skills and Experience:
- Must be 21 years old or over and hold a full UK driving licence.
- Experience of on-site works in relation to traffic surveys or similar would be advantageous, however, not essential.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy and enjoy the aspect of working with technical equipment
- Have a basic understanding of the Health & Safety considerations associated with working on a live highway
- Good standard of level of numeracy and IT skills are essential, along with basic knowledge of MS Office packages; Particularly Outlook and Excel.
- Be a highly competent driver
- Confidence to handle power tools onsite while working close to a live highway
- Be able to understand and follow procedures within the company
- Be able to meet deadlines and produce high quality work
- Be organised, conscientious, motivated and flexible
- Must be able to work as part of a team and follow instructions, but also be confident to work individually
- Show willingness to learn new skills and be part of a growing business