Service Technician – £24K
Our client is a company within the Medical Sector with a long-established culture of designing and manufacturing exceptionally high-quality innovative measurement and diagnostic instruments for the eye care industry.
They are looking for a Service Technician on a 6 month contract basis to join their Technical Services Team. Reporting to the Technical Services Manager, the Service Technician is responsible for undertaking warranty and chargeable repairs, and completion of relevant documentation and reporting.
The Service Technician will work as a part of a dynamic, collaborative team, supporting end users and distributors worldwide. Working across a range of different products and utilising the expertise and problem-solving skills to investigate and resolve issues to the customer satisfaction.
- Achieve high levels of customer satisfaction by providing prompt and accurate technical support to internal and external customers via telephone, email, and remote access.
- Highlight opportunities for sale of new equipment if customer’s equipment is obsolete or beyond economic repair.
- Book-in repairs and warranty equipment, assess products and email quotes to customers.
- Schedule workshop repairs, send equipment back to the production team or to the original equipment manufacturer for repair.
- Organise a replacement product if necessary.
- Complete repairs and generate relevant documentation.
- Provide Service Training to internal and external customers.
- Input data into the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system to ensure all warranty and repair data is recorded accurately.
- Ensure statements on quotes and dispatch notes are concise and informative.
- Ensure all work areas are maintained in a neat and orderly manner.
- Work on one job at a time and keep each repair separate and clearly referenced.
- Able to work on own initiative with proactive approach and work to deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team and contribute effectively.
- A confident approach to customer service.
- Technical repair/assembly skills.
- IT literate -able to use Microsoft Office Suite as well as Technical Service’s ERP system.
- Excellent email writing skills, telephone manner and professional attitude.
- Identify / create processes and deliver improvement.