Sales Representative – £35-45K
Our client is an authorised dealer & distributor of construction equipment, power systems and material handling equipment. They have a presence in nine countries spread over three continents providing customers with comprehensive solutions backed by technical know-how, experience and in-depth knowledge of local markets.
They are looking for a Sales Representative to be responsible for the sale of power generation equipment, power solutions and services to one or more of their African territories. The role will involve responsibility for approximately 200 UK and International based customer accounts. These accounts will be typically small to large size, carrying a revenue quota in excess of $10m per year. The individual will be expected to demonstrate attentiveness to seeking out new international customers looking to operate in designated African territories.
The role will require regular travel both locally and Internationally for customer meetings and site visits. Some travel will be over weekends. Majority of these trips will be planned in advance with duration variable from one day to two weeks. There will be occasions where these trips are at short notice.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO TRAVEL OVERSEAS.
- Be fully compliant to the lead qualification process and response times
- Actively prospect potential new customers
- Develop travel plans for regular customer and territory visits.
- Identify key commercial opportunities through ongoing communication with customers to prioritise accounts that will deliver revenue target
- Maintain an awareness of competitor activities
- Build long term relationship with customers by ensuring minimum coverage is met to ensure maximisation of all revenue generating opportunities
- Applies sales methodology to progress sales opportunities through the sales funnel.
- Record and manage all opportunities to stage and exit criteria
- Record all lost sales and competitor information
- Produces a reliable monthly sales forecast based upon opportunity pipeline and customer’s decision stage using Sales Force
- Prepares for one-to-one performance review sessions with Head of Function or Sales Director, at least once a month, based upon Sales Process metrics (i.e. Sales Effectiveness Tracker, etc).
- Utilises training resources for continual self-development
- Experience of selling industrial equipment
- Engineering background
- Experience in using a CRM database
- Good knowledge of products
- Good commercial acumen
- Strong numeric skills
- Accuracy with high level of detail
- Highly organised with good time management and prioritisation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships
- Customer focused, being able to provide exceptional customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Tenacity, with the ability to close sales
- Proven ability to develop accounts
- Proficient in the use Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook