Production Planner – £30-35K
Our client is a company within the Medical Sector with a long-established culture of designing and manufacturing exceptionally high-quality innovative measurement and diagnostic instruments for the eye care industry.
They are looking for a Production Planner to join their team on a 6-month paternity cover, to collate and manage incoming sales demand and forecasts to deliver and communicate production plans throughout the business.
- Develop relationships with UK & US Sales teams, to forecast requirements based on historical and seasonal trends, and other opportunities.
- Unify sales, manufacturing and supply chain planning to optimise availability of product and improve stock turns and manufacturing efficiencies.
- Develop and adjust plans to optimise monthly sales targets and shipments.
- Continually analyse and monitor inventory and demand data to determine planning parameters.
- Monitor and review material shortages to identify
- Investigate and resolve issues in MRP if required.
- Manage release of jobs to shop floor.
- Working with customer services and shipping to co-ordinate shipments.
- Support Bill of Materials development and review as part of new product introduction process.
- Manage implementation of engineering changes via liaison between Sales & Marketing, Production Engineering Supply Chain.
- Co-ordinate implementation of engineering changes
- Be proactive and well-organised
- Have excellent communication skills with the ability work effectively at all levels across the organisation
- Able to establish and develop professional relationships
- Fast thinking and able to understand and simplify complex situations
- Have a track record of contract and cost negotiation and reduction
- Be flexible and adaptable
- Be resilient and energetic
- Be an excellent team player
- Understanding of manufacturing processes
- Able to read and understand multi-level bills of materials
- Experienced in use of ERP systems, Ideally Epicor but training will be made available.