Microbiologist £17.32 per hour
Our client a global biotech company based in Speke are looking for a Microbiologist to join their microbiology department and perform QC laboratory tests on in-process, intermediate and finished vaccine products.
The role holder will perform in a range of additional varied work activities, including data collation and housekeeping which support the delivery of team objectives within timelines.
They will also participate in ad hoc studies such as technical/validation studies and provide technical expertise and advice around specific tests in troubleshooting.
The role is to start ASAP and on a 6-month contract basis. Shift pattern will be 4 days on and 4 days off (11-hour days).
- To operate within the required standards of HSE (Awareness of Risk Assessments, Accidents, Incidents, Near Misses, NOSIs) and company Quality Systems and policies in accordance with Orange Guide and CFR regulations.
- To perform accurate and reliable laboratory tests and generate results to cGMP standard by entering and authorising test data. Including the investigation of any invalid, OOS/OOT results within the GLIMS system, in accordance with current company requirements and SOPs.
- To consult with QA and where required initiate Sentry investigations where deviations have occurred.
- To ensure that the maintenance, qualification and calibration of laboratory equipment used is up to date and at the required GMP standards.
- To use only approved and validated assay processes and reagents
- To participate in laboratory administration, including the complete and review of log books and PCS alarms generated progression of Change Controls, SOP reviews and closure of assigned Corrective/Preventative actions
- To participate in department housekeeping activities, such as cleaning, ordering and maintenance of stocks.
- To participate in planning and execution of ad hoc projects such as technical and validation studies.
- To troubleshoot in the resolution of testing problems where required
- To maintain responsibility for upkeep of own training records and to operate within the scope of trained activities. To provide training, coaching and mentoring for technical activities within the department in accordance with the appropriate skill block
- Experienced in the relevant testing discipline within the Pharmaceutical industry
- Experience of Quality Control testing techniques
- Experience in cGMP environment or Industry practices
- Awareness of test and equipment validation
- Knowledge of continuous improvement and root cause analysis techniques
- Educated to NVQ level 2 or equivalent in a relevant scientific discipline as a minimum requirement
- Computer Literate