Microbiologist (£13.11 – £18.89 per hour)
Our client a global biotech company based in Speke are looking for a Microbiologist to join their microbiology department and perform QC laboratory tests on in-process, intermediate and finished vaccine products.
This role is to start as soon as possible and to last for 3 months (possible longer). There is also a possibility of other opportunities arising from the position for the right candidate.
The role is paying between £13.11 – £18.89 dependant on experience.
****Please do not apply for this role unless you are available immediately/on a 1 weeks notice AND are able to commit to shift work ****
Working patterns will vary dependent on the area but will be a mix of: Days (Monday - Thursday 8am - 4.45pm, Friday 8am - 1pm) paying between £13.11 - £14.20 per hour Shift 1 - Days 2 on 2 off (hours depend on area) the rate will range from £16.00 - £17.32 per hour Shift 2 - 2 days 2 nights, 2 on 2 off - £17.44 - 18.89 per hour.
- To perform accurate and reliable laboratory tests and generate results to cGMP standard by entering and authorising test data. Including the investigation of any invalid, OOS/OOT results within the GLIMS system, in accordance with current company requirements and SOPs
- To consult with QA and where required initiate Sentry investigations where deviations have occurred
- To ensure that the maintenance, qualification and calibration of laboratory equipment used is up to date and at the required GMP standards
- To use only approved and validated assay processes and reagents
- To participate in laboratory administration, including the complete and review of log books and PCS alarms generated progression of Change Controls, SOP reviews and closure of assigned Corrective/Preventative actions
- To participate in department housekeeping activities, such as cleaning, ordering and maintenance of stocks
- To participate in planning and execution of ad hoc projects such as technical and validation studies
- To troubleshoot in the resolution of testing problems where required
- To maintain responsibility for upkeep of training records
- Experienced in the relevant testing discipline within the Pharmaceutical industry
- Experience of Quality Control testing techniques
- Experience in cGMP environment or Industry practices
- Awareness of test and equipment validation
- Knowledge of continuous improvement and root cause analysis techniques
- Educated to NVQ level 2 or equivalent in a relevant scientific discipline as a minimum requirement
- Computer Literate
- Bio-assay experience is essential