Lead Developer – £70K
Our client within the film industry is looking for a Lead Developer to join their IT team. The role holder will be responsible for implementing a new development culture of DevOps (Development Operations) and with it the underpinning structure, tools, processes & technologies.
This role is home based but you must have the flexibility to travel to their main office in Slough.
- Designing and developing applications to support and improve the company’s existing products as well as working on new product development;
- Lead and mentor a small software development team in order to meet system requirements;
- Provide leadership to increase our technical competencies;
- Develop & Implement a DevOps culture;
- Define the DevOps & System architectures;
- Design, Implement & Configure the development technology stack to support the new DevOps culture and processes of CI, CD, Pipeline, Testing, Release, Automation etc;
- Develop a collaborative, cross-functional Agile team;
- Build the team, processes and establish operational structures;
- Create, plan and execute engineering strategies needed to help scale our systems and support rapidly growing Business growth;
- To be aware of latest data protection and security threats and to make sure we mitigate against these risks using known industry standards and Internal Company Tools and Services;
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits;
- Conduct quality reviews of own deliverables and deliverables from peers;
- Report progress regularly, escalating matters as appropriate;
- To keep up to date with the latest software development technologies and methodologies.
- Hands on experience of SQL Server, T-SQL, Database design, ETL processes;
- Implementing a DevOps culture and supporting technologies into a small dev environment ;
- Managing or leading a small team, especially contractors, with the ability to teach others and influence your team and the organisation;
- Depth of professional software engineering experience and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations;
- Good knowledge working with Cloud Architecture & DevOps technologies (e.g. Azure, AWS etc);
- Strong background and practical experience in working in a DevOps and CI\CD environment;
- Knowledge and experience of developing within an agile project framework;
- Strong knowledge and practical experience working with Serverless, Containers and Microservices technologies;
- Has taken or will be comfortable with high level architecture discussions;
- Mentoring peers to evolve our engineering capabilities.
- Good knowledge and practical experience in automated test practices (Unit, Integration & Acceptance);
- Very strong System and Architectural design skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to form strong client relationships and manage others.
- Quick learner and adapter of new frameworks and technologies;
- Excitement for the latest trends in application design and Software Architectures.