Laboratory Operations Coordinator – £25-30K
Our client within the film industry is looking for a Laboratory Operations Coordinator to join their team. Reporting into the Laboratory Operations Manager, the primary purpose of the Laboratory Operations Coordinator is to be a first point of contact for the operations and sales teams seeking information and updates from the laboratory to enable smooth facilitation and effective function of their working environment by providing a single point of contact to ensure the smooth running of the core business(es).
In addition the Laboratory Operations Coordinator is responsible for coordinating laboratory efforts by ensuring a steady flow of samples into the lab, communicating priorities and maintaining/communicating scheduled testing.
Hours may vary or be flexible to suit the operational hours from 07.00 – 23.00, and the role will be office based (Windsor).
- Fully delegated access to the “Lab enquiries” inbox and day-to-day responsibility of prioritising and responding to emails where appropriate
- Being a day to day point of contact for communications with other areas of the business on the handling and fulfilment of incoming samples for testing.
- Prioritise and flag key emails, requests and documents that need immediate action.
- Liaise with relevant teams to ensure results are reported in a timely manner and within expected timelines.
- Where appropriate, to respond to emails and take up tasks yourself to ensure smooth running of operations.
- Maintain a log of issues and risks and escalate as appropriate.
- Liaising with laboratory staff and supervisors to coordinate laboratory testing.
- Communicating priorities and organising testing to adhere to required turnaround times.
- Ensuring a steady flow of samples to the laboratory by overseeing sample receipt.
- Any other reasonable duties as requested by the laboratory supervisor on duty.
- Strong customer facing operations / customer service skills
- Comfortable working at pace and with a degree of ambiguity
- Strong interpersonal skills, builds trusted relationships quickly
- Organised with a strong bias for action. Problem solver
- Excellent communication skills and an empathetic nature
- Comfortable with using MS Office suite or able to learn quickly (Word, Outlook, Excel, PPT, Teams)
- Experience with data analysis and reporting to a range of stakeholders
- Comfortable with learning new systems and processes
- Strong team player with ability to work to own initiative.