IT Manager – £45-50K
Our client a prestigious company based in Wokingham, is one of the first and fastest growing suppliers dedicated to supplying on-demand bespoke printed training materials.
They are looking for an experienced IT Manager to manage the IT requirements of the business whilst providing support to the Head of Digital Services to ensure the completion of workloads set and general team responsibilities.
You will also be responsible for managing the Company’s IT infrastructure, ensuring these are performing to the required standards, with documented processes and procedures in place to provide business continuity, and ensuring a high level of information security is achieved.
- Take responsibility for the IT budget, planning renewals, licensing and additional purchases, several years in advance and ensuring value for money.
- Perform testing and evaluation of new technologies; identify key projects and workstreams, consult where necessary and implement – or oversee implementation, prioritising major tasks and upgrades in liaison with other staff and teams.
- Perform system administration including monitoring, maintaining and improving the OnPremise and cloud IT infrastructure to provide availability and performance that exceeds the needs of the Company.
- Research and recommend IT solutions to be able to continuously improve existing services and provide additional or enhanced services.
- Ensure that Asset Registers are maintained and regularly audited.
- Identify, assess and plan for and facilitate the treatment of areas of risk related to the Company’s IT infrastructure.
- Proactively engage in the continuous improvement of the Company’s processes and procedures with regard to Information Security, Business Continuity and Compliance.
- Ensure IT procedures are developed in accordance with the appropriate standards and are documented and audited regularly, ensuring process documents are controlled and available to all relevant staff members.
- Ensure that all IT staff follow and adhere to IT and Company procedures.
- Ensure all team members are trained, or are being trained, to agreed standards and schedule as detailed in the relevant training plan, whilst ensuring the relevant documentation is completed promptly and accurately.
- Uphold a positive attitude to your personal development and training.
- Ensure team moral and motivation is maintained to a high level at all times.
- Promote teamwork in all areas of the business to help achieve common goals and targets.
- Ensure employee reviews are conducted effectively and on schedule, ensuring performance issues are documented clearly and objectives and targets are set and monitored to promote improvement.
- Conduct or participate in the Company disciplinary process when required.
- Review resources and make recommendations to the Strategic IT Manager when a change in resource is required.
- Participate in the recruitment process when required.
- Provide full support to your work colleagues and managers by undertaking any reasonable tasks requested.
- Industry certifications including Microsoft (eg: MCP/MCSE/MCSA), Networking, Virtualisation (Ideally VMWare) and Storage.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of the role of IT in supporting the strategic objectives of an organisation.
- Ability to perform level 1 to 3 support, including user desktop support.
- Ability to respond to priority incidents requests after hours.
- Experience with Microsoft AD, Azure AD/Office 365, VMware Hypervisor and Storage Area Networks (HPE MSA SAN). Veeam Experience a plus.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Azure or other public cloud technologies.