Insurance Sales Advisor – £17.5-£22.5K +OTE
Our client, a privately owned insurance broker based in Reading, is looking for an Insurance Sales Advisor to join their team to constantly provide an excellent service to clients and maintain a good sales performance.
The role will also assist the branch managers in ensuring the smooth running of the office and to offer help and suggestions for improvement.
- Actively improve the sales results of the branch by improving personal selling skills and customer care skills
- Dealing with incoming post as directed on the day of receipt
- Deal with outgoing post and to take responsibility for ensuring that general diary lists are kept up to date
- Actively improve cross-selling by `listening` for opportunities, e.g. a customer advising a change of address on a motor policy may need household insurance or a client requesting a green card may need travel insurance
- Organise and keep your own work area tidy
- Answer telephone calls within three rings and to deal with client queries / requests politely and efficiently within your capabilities. Seek assistance from, or refer client to branch manager or assistant branch manager where necessary
- Deal with customer queries / requests at the counter, as above
- Invite renewals as directed ensuring that clients are notified of their renewals in accordance with FCA rules, as outlined in the staff handbook
- Actively improve customer care and cross-selling by telephoning clients at times agreed by the branch manager, notably a few weeks after sending out policy documentsKey Skills/Experience:
- 12 months experience within consultative sales – Ideally within motor/home insurance industry.
- Confident telephone manner.
- Computer literate – MS Office packages (Word, Excel and Outlook) & CRM experience advantageous.
- Good literacy and numeracy skills – must be fluent in English.
- Keen interest in the Insurance industry and pursuing Industry qualifications.