Engineering Buyer – £30-35K
Our client is a company within the Medical Sector with a long-established culture of designing and manufacturing exceptionally high-quality innovative measurement and diagnostic instruments for the eye care industry.
They are looking for an Engineering Buyer to join their team on a 12-month maternity cover, to manage and develop assigned supply chain to Cost, Delivery, Quality and availability targets for incoming products and components, in line with production demands in a highly regulated fast paced OEM manufacturing environment.
- Identify areas for continuous improvements in products and processes aligned to department KPIs; People, Quality, Velocity and Cost
- Drive and Execute improvement projects by coordinating internal stakeholders; R&D, Sales and Marketing, Engineering
- Achieve personally attributable annual cost reduction target of net £100K
- Manage assigned supplier portfolio with spend > £4M GBP to achieve >95% OTIF, whilst minimizing inventory and improving stock turns.
- Establish, develop and leverage key relationships with both internal and external stake holders to
- Manage implementation and optimization of complex extended supply chain projects, including multi-tier structures
- Implement complex engineering design changes by working with internal and external stake holders across multiple functions.
- Identify appropriate suppliers for manufacture of components based on understanding engineering and technical complexity of design, and supplier capabilities.
- Negotiate and establish preferential commercial terms
- Contribute to supplier selection and evaluation, including audit to ISO9001 and ISO13485.
- Be proactive and well-organised
- Have excellent communication skills with the ability work effectively at all levels across the organisation
- Able to establish and develop professional relationships
- Fast thinking and able to understand and simplify complex situations
- Have a track record of contract and cost negotiation and reduction
- Be flexible and adaptable
- Be resilient and energetic
- Be an excellent team player
- CIPS Qualification an advantage but not essential
- Able to read electro / mechanical engineering drawings
- Experience with bespoke designed engineered components
- Experience with supply of molded, machined and painted components
- Project management