Desktop Support Engineer
Our client in London is looking for a Desktop Support Engineer to provide 1st & 2nd line IT Support, on a temporary basis starting early 2020 on a 6 months rolling contract.
The role will involve working as part of a dynamic, International team, dealing with all aspects of 1st and 2nd line support, supporting users, investigating, resolving issues, maintaining, upgrading IT systems and working on new projects on-site, liaising with a 3rd party and internal teams. Must have excellent communication skills and be able to deal with stakeholders and users at all levels.
As part of wider GTS team, be the Customer-centric focal point for IT support in the London office and remote users within EMEA. Work with other GTS staff and partners on relevant tasks/projects, principally with 3rd party IT managed services provider both domestic, and International.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Customer facing
- Win7, Win10, Mac OSx/ operating system support along with peripheral component support
- Office 365 support
- Remote user support via telephone/WebEx/Skype desktop sharing
- Windows server 2008/2012/2016
- Mobile devices (iOS and Smartphone)
- WiFi support and Conference systems (Webex)
- Active Directory knowledge
- Create/amend/update documentation
- Manage/Track assets
- Ensure Customer facing IT services and conference-room/office technology is fit for purpose, effective and easy to use, both for our internal Customers (staff) and external Customers (Visitors).
- Manage Service Desk tickets relating to our EMEA region including on boarding process, and work with our International IT support staff to support them in the event they are out of office. Escalating outstanding incidents/requests in direct liaison with our external support vendors and ServiceDesk
- Provide ownership during production support issues to minimize impact on the customers.
- Manage escalations of tickets where other groups need to be involved and manage user expectations
- Manage clear and timely communication to users of technology issues affecting the office, from discovery through to Root Cause Analysis and remedial actions.
- Build self-sufficiency within users to connect to and use technology via education, assistance and repeatable processes.
- Pro-actively maintain the London office technology environment to ensure always available and working properly.
- Pro-actively manage documentation to enable fast and seamless connectivity and use of office technology services.
- Be the local focal point for IT Infrastructure issues and projects.
- Work with cross-functional technical team members in MHE and with 3rd party service providers in the UK and in global service centres.
- Manage onsite IT Infrastructure work required on planned and ad-hoc basis, as appropriate, including occasional out of hours work.
- Ensure all Service desk tickets are effectively managed and correctly updated.
- Work to agreed Service Level Agreement (SLA)/Operational Level Agreements (OLA) with internal and external teams.
- Work within accomplished processes and technical standards, administration of tickets and creating/maintaining documentation.
This is a varied role and the successful candidate will need to have 1-2 years’ Service Desk experience, also possess great customer service skills.