Customer Service Representative – French Speaking
Our client is a global materials, science and manufacturing company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labelling and functional materials. They are looking for a French Speaking Customer Service Representative to join their customer service team.
This role focuses on managing the order-to-delivery process, ensuring fast and reliable order fulfilment for their French customers in the EMEA region.
This is a 6 month fixed term contract, possibly longer, working from home until further notice.
- Accurate and timely entry of orders onto the order management system.
- Liaising with Customers to confirm orders, gather additional information as necessary and keep them informed of progress.
- Checking progress, lead-time and quantity for each order.
- Liaising with planning/purchasing to ensure customer orders are prioritised and progressed appropriately and service levels are met.
- Ensuring clear and correct dispatch instructions, i.e. terms of delivery, forwarder details, are provided to the dispatch team.
- Proactively informing customers of order/shipment discrepancies and providing the intended resolution plan.
- Liaising closely with the relevant Territory Manager and Internal Sales Representative for the Country/Region to help deliver sales objectives and address the needs of customers.
- Running and monitoring back order reports for designated customer base (daily or weekly depending on the area).
- Proactively supporting Sales with specific campaigns, this may include contacting existing customer base with special promotions.
- Dealing promptly and effectively with customer requests and queries, including invoice queries, to meet required timescales.
- Liaising with Credit Control/Finance to resolve all invoice queries.
- Liaising with external service providers such as courier services and forwarding agents to resolve delivery queries.
- Building close relationships with all internal and external contacts to constantly improve information flow and the order process.
- Maintaining accurate and up to date customer records and price lists in the systems.
- Collating information and producing reports as required.
- Working with other members of the Sales, Marketing and Operations teams, to identify issues, propose solutions and take part in projects to contribute to operational and sales efficiency.
- Promoting a coordinated approach within the Customer Services team and providing cover for other team members in their absence.
- Fluent English plus fluent French (written and spoken)
- Educated to A-level
- Customer service experience, preferably within a business to business environment.
- Experience of liaising with an internal distribution department to ensure delivery of the product to the customer would be an advantage.
- Experience of liaising with customers / internal departments located outside the UK would be an advantage.
- Experience of using an in-house database and MS Office packages is essential.
- Experience of using Google Mail/Docs/Sheets is preferred