Credit Controller – £30K
Our client is an independent firm of Chartered Accountants. They are looking for a credit controller to join their team to support the business with the collection of fees, monitoring of the cash flow and to assist with the smooth running of the Sales Ledger.
The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of the process of litigation and will be motivated to manage their own workload whilst keeping the Partners informed regularly of progress and potential problems.
- Maintain regular contact with clients and provide effective and efficient collection of payments.
- Identify cash flow difficulties and negotiate repayment schedules.
- Daily sales ledger allocations, transfer amounts between accounts and monitoring bank charges.
- Take and balance credit and debit card payments.
- Process any credit notes.
- Provide updates on debts to the managing partners.
- Follow and complete the small claims court procedure.
- Computer literate with Microsoft Word & Excel
- Experience of credit control within credit management, debt recovery and litigation
- Communicate effectively at all levels with excellent telephone manner and a diplomatic attitude
- Awareness of confidentiality is essential
- To achieve relevant financial targets
- Use own initiative and judgement to suggest alternatives and improvements in processes and procedures