COVID-19 Screening Scientist – £27-30K (DOE)
Our client within the film industry are looking to recruit a COVID-19 Screening Scientist to work as part of a screening team of 3+ scientists providing a service to provide a quick turn-around on COVID screening on site and out on location.
Reporting to the Head of Science, this role will be based primarily ‘on location’ in the home counties with some international travel required. You must be able to travel within the UK often and on short notice. (UK locations at present: Berkshire, Wales, London)
This role is to start ASAP so is not suitable for those with 2 weeks + notice.
- Running pre-defined RT-PCR/LAMP protocols, data collection, documentation, interpretation and delivery of results within 4/5 hours.
- Documentation and reporting of correct results within pre-defined timeframe.
- Assisting with selection of assay & testing equipment for future projects.
- Liaising with clients and the team regarding erroneous results.
- Assisting in general laboratory duties.
- Working flexibly across multiple locations as required.
- Relevant biomedical science degree BSc 2:1
- Minimum 2 years laboratory experience (undergraduate degree should not be included in this)
- RT-PCR/LAMP experience
- MSL-2 experience
- PCR Experience
- Very Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems and LIMS systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be prepared to ‘go the extra mile’ in delivering service on time and to the highest standards;
- Able to work flexibly as required at different locations.
- Full driving licence and access to vehicle
- HCPC registered
- Healthcare/film & media background
- Experience working with ISO15189 and/or ISO17025 or in a GLP laboratory
- Aseptic technique