Area Co-ordinator – £21k
Our client based in Maidenhead is looking for an Operations Administrator to join their AAPA (Africa, Asia and Pacific Area) HR Team. Working closely with the Area Director, the Area Co-ordinator is responsible for the smooth administrative operations of the Area Office.
This is a very varied role which requires strong administration skills, good communication and a proactive approach/initiative. This post requires the individual to be flexible and adaptable in order to carry out a broad range of routine and ad hoc tasks.
- Maintain the Area’s calendar and the Area office attendance record.
- Support Area Director in co-ordinating/booking travel and providing briefing material for VIPs to Area.
- Responsible for booking/costing out Area/Regional conferences as required.
- Responsible for arranging translations of documents via the company’s vendor.
- Responsible for the document management of files and the communications and administration SharePoint library
- Maintains training spreadsheet, tracking expected, and actual training courses taken and their expenditure.
- Co-ordinate any internal Area meetings and take minutes.
- Responsible for accepting, processing and monitoring cases in support of Area Director and Ops Manager/Regional Managers; Dealing with requests in support of Ops team.
- Review and maintain “Visitor Information” and “Location Notes” to ensure that the correct and accurate information is displayed on the database and the website.
- Provide support in the production of PR material across AAPA, including the provision of media material (books, leaflets, assist with visitor information panels etc).
- Monitor social media networks where the company has a presence (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube), and respond to comments and queries in a timely manner.
- Maintain and regularly update the Area stakeholder matrix and FCO contacts sheet and support the Area Director with regards to developing relationships with key stakeholders.
- Responsible for uploading, maintaining and monitoring content for AAPA onto the intranet ensuring information is kept up to date; collate info stories from team members for company headlines.
- Liaise with Area Director, Operations Managers and local managers to maximise internal PR of the Area’s operations
- Compile and manage country briefs as needed in co-operation with the Area Director.
- Support Area Director in compiling ‘Area Management brief’. Assist with communicating this to all staff within the Area.
- IT literate with excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (particularly Excel)
- Excellent command of English (both written and verbal)
- Knowledge and understanding of social media platforms
- Demonstrable experience in a Communications role
- Undergraduate degree in related field
- Demonstrable creative flair
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to prioritise workloads and have good organisation and time management skills
- Clear and polite telephone manner
- Takes initiative and responsibility for finding resolutions and resolving problems and issues
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to establish good working relationships
- Ability to convey and complete tasks and information clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing at all levels
- An alignment and adherence to the company’s Values